Village of Enon Ohio

How do I?

In an effort to better serve you, we've assembled a list of the commonly asked questions by our community.

Where do I find information about employment

Employment information is located here.

The Village of Enon is an Equal Opportunity Employer which recruits, appoints, assigns, disciplines all employees or potential employees on the basis of merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, ethnic heritage, disability, or any factor precluded by applicable laws.

When are the council meetings?

Council meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm.

Do I need a permit?

The Village of Enon requires zoning permits for the following:

  • Accessory Buildings
    • No detached accessory building shall be erected in any required yard or court, except a rear yard, and shall not occupy more than thirty five percent (35%) of the area of the required rear yard.
    • A detached accessory building shall not exceed one story or fourteen feet in height in any “R”, “O” or “B-1” District.
    • Detached accessory building shall be at least six feet from the side and/or rear lot lines.
  • Decks
  • Fences
    • Outdoor pools must be surrounded by a fence of at least four (4) ft. in height to prevent unwanted access to the pool. An above- ground pool with solid side construction of at least four (4) ft. may have a secured access area instead of a fence. Gates or doors must be equipped with self-closing and self-latching devices for keeping the gate or door securely closed at all times when not in use.
  • Garages
  • Home Occupations
  • Patios/Enclosures
  • Room Additions
  • Satellite Dishes
  • Signs
  • Storage Sheds
  • Swimming Pools
  • Structural Remodeling
  • New Residential/Commercial Construction
  • New Business Operations

How do I obtain a Zoning Permit?

You can obtain a permit by submitting an application at the Enon Government Center. The application should be submitted along with a drawing showing what you’d like to build and its dimensions and where it will be located. Once submitted, the information will be reviewed by the Village staff for compliance with the Zoning Code. Once the permit is approved, the permit can be picked up at the Government Center after paying the $25 application fee.

Do I need any other approvals prior to starting construction?

Depending on the type of structures that you’re building, you may need additional approvals from Clark County Community Development, Public Health, etc.. Village staff can provide you some information regarding additional approvals needed, but it is your responsibility to contact the appropriate agency and obtain approval. Minor structures such as fences and storage sheds typically do not require additional approvals.