Planning & Zoning

The Village of Enon provides comprehensive zoning services for Village residents and businesses. Please find further information located below.

Forms (click below):

2022 Food Truck Vendor Permit Application

Accessory Sheds etc Permit Packet PDF

Business Permit Packet PDF
Concrete Driveway Permit Packet PDF
Fence Permit Packet PDF
Pool Permit Packet PDF
Signs Permit Packet PDF

Maps (click below):

Zoning Map
Clark County GIS

Fee Schedule:

Zoning Permit $25
BZA Application $75
Planning Commission $75

Clark County Community Development

Do I need a permit?

The Village of Enon requires zoning permits for the following:

  • Accessory Buildings
    • No detached accessory building shall be erected in any required yard or court, except a rear yard, and shall not occupy more than thirty five percent (35%) of the area of the required rear yard.
    • A detached accessory building shall not exceed one story or fourteen feet in height in any “R”, “O” or “B-1” District.
    • Detached accessory building shall be at least six feet from the side and/or rear lot lines.
  • Decks
  • Fences
    • Outdoor pools must be surrounded by a fence of at least four (4) ft. in height to prevent unwanted access to the pool. An above- ground pool with solid side construction of at least four (4) ft. may have a secured access area instead of a fence. Gates or doors must be equipped with self-closing and self-latching devices for keeping the gate or door securely closed at all times when not in use.
  • Garages
  • Home Occupations
  • Patios/Enclosures
  • Room Additions
  • Satellite Dishes
  • Signs
  • Storage Sheds
  • Swimming Pools
  • Structural Remodeling
  • New Residential/Commercial Construction
  • New Business Operations

How do I obtain a Zoning Permit?

You can obtain a permit by submitting an application at the Enon Government Center. The application should be submitted along with a drawing showing what you’d like to build and its dimensions and where it will be located. Once submitted, the information will be reviewed by the Village staff for compliance with the Zoning Code. Once the permit is approved, the permit can be picked up at the Government Center after paying the $25 application fee.

Do I need any other approvals prior to starting construction?

Depending on the type of structures that you’re building, you may need additional approvals from Clark County Community Development, Public Health, etc.. Village staff can provide you some information regarding additional approvals needed, but it is your responsibility to contact the appropriate agency and obtain approval. Minor structures such as fences and storage sheds typically do not require additional approvals.